“Once again we start over, everybody starts again
The one who sows, the one who reaps, the poet, the leaves
Falling with the wind, dew pearls
And the wave returning to its steep shores.”
Natan Yonatan, “Once Again We Start Over”
Dear Partnership2Gether Family,
To mark the beginning of the new school year, we take pride in presenting you with a special edition of Partnerships Up2Date, focusing on our International School Twinning Network. The Network, which numbers well over 400 members with the addition of 30 new schools during the past year, aims to provide an added level of professionalism to existing Partnerships, by means of educational standards and evaluation, teacher training, supplementary resources and more. The Network likewise provides professional guidance to schools from existing P2G Partnerships as well as schools outside the P2G world (including Europe, the FSU, South America and non-P2G communities in North America. Israel’s Channel 10 highlighted the Network in its recent Nekuda IL program (Hebrew). The Network’s second national Israel conference is scheduled for Chanuka in Israel, and we are planning an international conference in North America in May of 2013.
Following is a selection of our activities, programs and highlights. We invite you to send us your programs so that we may share them with the International School Twinning Network and the P2G community.
New Educational Opportunities – Sign Up Now:
- Bar/Bat Mitzva With Friends – A Jewish Masa Around the World: Take part in this new program jointly developed by the Network and the Israel Movement for Reform and Progressive Judaism. Sign up now, this year’s pilot is free!
- The Global Day of Jewish Learning – November 18, 2012: P2G joined GDJL as a leading partner. We invite you to take part, and it so easy because GDJL provides user-friendly curriculum and activity for schools. Or you can be inspired and develop your own activity like many of our partnerships are already doing.
School Twinning Programs: Learn from your Colleagues
- Beer Sheva-Bnei Shimon – Montreal: “From Vision to Objectives” and Model Itineraries for School Twinning Web Conferences
- Western Galilee – Central Region: “Yellow Star” Holocaust Education Program twinning Sulam Tzor High School with Beit El Tzedek School
- Yokneam-Megiddo – Atlanta-St. Louis: “St. Louis Quiz” in Yokneam and Jewish Lens Program
- Reali Haifa – Ulus Istanbul Schools: Exchanging Letters, Chanuka Activity and Youtube Greetings for Purim
- Pre-School: Western Galilee – Central Region Tashlich at a Dallas Kindergarten – “Teshuva” Awareness for Preschoolers
- Pre-School: Tzahar – Palm Beach Pajama Library
Widening the Circles: Engaging Parents in School Twinning Activity
- Beit Shemesh-Mateh Yehuda – Washington DC-South Africa: Guidelines for Conducting a Workshop Introducing Parents to the Program
- Western Galilee – Central Region: The Same Moon Project – Twinning With Families
- Haifa Reali School: Kit for Involving Parents in Immigrant Absorption
Empowering the Leadership: Educators Seminars
- Tel Aviv – Los Angeles: Joint Teachers Seminar, “Zionism Today: Evolution Of A Dream”: Comprehensive Activity Booklet, Seminar Coverage in LA Federation Blog, Photos
- Nahariya – Northern New Jersey: “Teachable Moments 2012” Seminar Program
- Northern Galilee – Great Britain: Educators Delegation + Parent/Teacher Delegation
Professional Preparation of Delegation:
- Tel Aviv – Los Angeles: Preparing Students for Outgoing Delegations (6 workshops) – Tichon Hadash Tel Aviv
- Israel Hasbara Workshops Funded in Full by Israel’s Ministry of Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs
Highlights of Recent Activity
- Kfar Saba – Columbus: Feature on Kfar Saba Pupil’s Visit to Columbus in Israel’s “Haaretz” Newspaper
- Central Arava – Australia: Youth Delegation + Coverage of Educators Conference in Australian Jewish News
- Tzahar – Palm Beach: Summary of 2011-2012 School Year
- Carmiel-Misgav – Pittsburgh: Video from Har Schechanya Pupils to CDS Pittsburgh peers Marking Conclusion of Yearly “Eco Connection” Activity
- Lima – Ashdod: Lima Students prepared Shana Tova greetings for their Ashdod Peers, who will be hosting them in February 2013
- Read Avi Chai Foundation Report on initiative to intensify Israel education in eleven San Francisco Jewish day schools
And finally, some “sweets” for the New Year – check out these Rosh Hashana Greetings Videos from last year:
- From Maimonides School in Montreal to Mitzpe School in Beer Sheva
- Shana Tova to Austin from Gordon School- Akko
We thank you for your energy and partnership, and wish you a year filled with exciting new activities that help unify and strengthen our Jewish family.